The Health Benefits of Nature
- Fresh air has more oxygen
- Greenscapes raise serotonin levels.
- Triggers primal regions of our brain and psyche
- More sensory stimulation
- Increases feelings of wellbeing and lowers depression.
- Sun exposure increases vitamin D levels and helps optimize hormones
- Grounding-The basic theory is that since many of us don’t come into direct skin contact with the Earth very much, a positive charge can build up in the body. Direct skin contact with the Earth acts as a “ground” just like it does for electrical outlets, reducing this extra positive charge.
Proponents of earthing report that it helps reduce inflammation in the body and improve sleep quality.
Whatever your opinion of earthing/grounding, it is another positive side effect of being outdoors, especially barefoot or swimming in a natural body of water.
*Outdoor workouts, Reiki sessions, and meditation are my fav! Book your session today olesante.com